December 31, 1922 is a date featured in the series, spanning most of Season 3's premiere episode, "Resolution". Given the 16 months long time jump between the end of Season 2 and the beginning of Season 3, this is likely to be the only day of 1922 to be visually depicted in the series.
In Atlantic City
- Nate is murdered by Manny Horvitz, on orders from Nucky Thompson.
- New Year's Eve Egyptian-themed party at the Thompson family home.
- Nucky Thompson announces to the other major bootleggers in the North-East that from now on he will only sell alcohol to Arnold Rothstein, given the growing government investigations against his political ally in Washington DC, Harry Daugherty.
- Manny Horvitz's murder at the hands of Richard Harrow.
- First confrontation between Al Capone and Dean O'Banion.
- Johnny Torrio leaves Chicago on a family vacation to Naples, Italy.
- Nelson Van Alden meets O'Banion and is offered a job in his organization.