Mickey Duffy (1888 - August 30, 1931) was a Prohibition era gangster whom inspired Boardwalk Empire's Mickey Doyle.
Similarities between Mickey Doyle and Mickey DuffyEdit
- Mickey Duffy also did most of his business in Atlantic City
- Duffy & Doyle were both born in Philadelphia to Polish Immigrants in 1888
- Mickey Duffy also did numbers and bootlegging, making huge profits as Doyle did.
Differences between Mickey Doyle & Mickey DuffyEdit
- Mickey Doyle is played as an "Under The Leash" Character whereas, Mickey Duffy was a major figure in Philadelphia and Atlantic City, and was a "Boss" figure.
- Mickey Duffy was never approached by Lucky Luciano, Al Capone or even Nucky Johnson. Even though Johnson (who Nucky's character is loosely based on) was a Bootlegger in Atlantic City, Duffy never did business or met him.
- Mickey Duffy was associated with The Irish Mob whereas, Doyle was mixed up with American born Italian and Polish crime figures.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.